Issues with 0.2.x

Help with installation and running.
Post Reply
User avatar
Trilarion
Founder
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 pm
Location: Central germany

Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Trilarion » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:51 pm

This thread is for issues. I know the game is far from playable. This however is not a support issue. :)

User avatar
Trilarion
Founder
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 pm
Location: Central germany

Re: Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Trilarion » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Windows contains the Qt runtime and an installer. Also from download statistics we know that ~80% of the downloads are on Windows computer. However for the remaining 20% (mostly Mac OS and Linux I guess) I have no clue how well it will work. Basically you have to install Python 3 and PySide on your own, then run start.py with Python 3. If you encounter some odd behavior (and maybe are also able to fix it), please post it here.

Guest

Re: Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi

I've been watching this project for quite some time, and now I just wanted to give it a try and see if I can get it to run. Turns out I can't.
Python complains about "import lib.utils as u" on line 19 in source/base/constants.py.
Since lib.utils doesn't sound like the name of a stdlib module or any generic library, I assume there should be a "utlis.py" in source/lib.
I'm pretty much completely new to Python(especially its module system), but the only explanation I could think of, is that perhaps you have such a file in your local working directory, which you somehow missed to commit.
Is that possible? If not, are there any dependencies besides PySide and PyYAML, or am I just doing anything wrong?
Btw in case it's important, I use 64 bit Ubuntu 14.04 with Python 3.4.

User avatar
Trilarion
Founder
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 pm
Location: Central germany

Re: Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Trilarion » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:21 am

Hi,

First, thank you for your interest. Indeed lib.utils is a python file in a module that belongs to this remake. I programmed it myself. And I just checked and it is not existing in the GitHub repository. My fault, I will add it immediately tonight.

Meanwhile in the release 0.2.1 download (http://sourceforge.net/projects/imprema ... p/download) it is included.

Many thanks for reporting this.

User avatar
Trilarion
Founder
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 pm
Location: Central germany

Re: Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Trilarion » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 pm

It is now fixed. Thank you.

For running the only dependencies are PySide and PyYaml.

Guest

Re: Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:20 am

Hi,

it properly starts now. Thanks.

Post Reply