Please tell us your languages

Multiple language support.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Bodyjumper

Re: Please tell us your languages

Post by Bodyjumper »

Hi,

French !

i rember the original game have a french translation ^^ if it's possible to copy this translation and includ in the game :D
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I guess it would not be possible due to copyright reasons. Also since the do not make an exact clone, we would need slightly different texts which would require translation effort again. Usually translation does not take so much effort and almost anyone can help with it.

My approach is to not bother with it during development (so English will be the game language throughout the development), but as soon as we are at version 0.9 (or in other words close to release) do everything to get as much translations as possible. I'm sure there will be many, many French volunteers to translate the game. And then they'll also see that it is worthwhile to do so, because the game will be almost finished.
mongo

Post by mongo »

Hi, I can translate it to German (native-speaker!) and English. I can also do some French-translations, but with French native speakers there won't be any reason for.
Willem

Post by Willem »

Dutch! (Or at least a very rare Flemish dialect ;) )
Member number 56

Post by Member number 56 »

Somehow I haven't discovered this thread yet, but I just found it.

I'm able to make a fluid Danish translation. (This means I can also make an OK translation of other Nordic countries.) :ugeek:

Then I speak good English, and I'm learning German so I can also give a simple translation of that (That, of course, won't be necessary since there is Germans on this forum.).

-Member 56
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Member number 56 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:36 pm ...I'm able to make a fluid Danish translation. (This means I can also make an OK translation of other Nordic countries.) :ugeek:
Very good. Btw. nice avatar. Looks positively handdrawn. 8-)
Member number 56

Post by Member number 56 »

Trilarion wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:50 pmVery good. Btw. nice avatar. Looks positively handdrawn. 8-)
Thanks! :D I did my best at making it look a little rough. And actually the face was inspired by how Napoleon looked.

-Member 56