Small questions - First help

Help with installation and running.
Trilarion
Founder

Small questions - First help

Post by Trilarion »

Just put all your "can be explained in 5 lines" problems with the game here! :)
Impfanboy

Re: Small questions - First help

Post by Impfanboy »

The 0.1.4 version I downloaded (win installer) seemed to install the game.

But, although I can find places to change settings, scenario builder, etc - I cannot see how to start the game [is there a "start" button?].

Is it possible that I downloaded the wrong file, or a disabled version? I noticed that the lower right hand corner of the screen displayed the word: "DEMO"?

Thanks for your help...- really anxious to try out the "remake", since I haven't been able to play the original for years - due to O.S. incompatibility, etc
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Sorry, the game is not yet playable. The current version 0.1.4 is only a demonstration of what we can do and in no means playable. That's way there isn't a start button. I'm sorry. I hope that in some months we will come much closer to what you expect.

And it's nice to see a long time fan of Imperialism here.
Spung

Post by Spung »

i setup the scenario click play and it brings me to a white screen with two buttons on the side (the manual and a red X) i cant do anything in the screen
"one does not simply clean a spung"
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Spung wrote:i setup the scenario click play and it brings me to a white screen with two buttons on the side (the manual and a red X) i cant do anything in the screen
That is the current state of the game. Unfortunately there is not more finished. In the the next release there might be a bit more of the main screen visible, but not much.
Andrettin

Re:

Post by Andrettin »

Trilarion wrote:
Spung wrote:i setup the scenario click play and it brings me to a white screen with two buttons on the side (the manual and a red X) i cant do anything in the screen
That is the current state of the game. Unfortunately there is not more finished. In the the next release there might be a bit more of the main screen visible, but not much.
Do you have a repository for the game? I would like to look at the code and see if I can contribute anything.
Trilarion
Founder

Re: Re:

Post by Trilarion »

Andrettin wrote:... Do you have a repository for the game? I would like to look at the code and see if I can contribute anything.
Yes, I have at github. https://github.com/Trilarion/imperialism-remake

That reminds me, I should maybe make one fixed post somewhere here in the forum with all important locations.
Andrettin

Re: Re:

Post by Andrettin »

Trilarion wrote:
Andrettin wrote:... Do you have a repository for the game? I would like to look at the code and see if I can contribute anything.
Yes, I have at github. https://github.com/Trilarion/imperialism-remake

That reminds me, I should maybe make one fixed post somewhere here in the forum with all important locations.
Great to hear :) Thanks!