Please tell us your languages

Multiple language support.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Trilarion
Founder

Please tell us your languages

Post by Trilarion »

Just to fill in some useful data here: just tell us your languages where a) you're fluent, b) you would be willing to translate into. Exotic, but heavily spoken languages are highly welcome, others too. :D

Please be aware that we might contact you later but not now.

My languages: german (main), english
Veneteaou

Re: Please tell us your languages

Post by Veneteaou »

English (main). If need be am willing to do a poor translation into Quenya.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Veneteaou wrote:...If need be am willing to do a poor translation into Quenya.
:lol:

Exotic - sure, heavily spoken - rather not
And difficult because we need an additional open source font for it. But just for fun we might do such a thing. :)
Haxaco

Post by Haxaco »

Dutch
userrr3

Post by userrr3 »

Ahoy!
I only just discovered this project.
I really loved Imperialism and only recently bought Imp II on gog.com. I am, however, very interested in this remake :D

I am a native German speaker (but according to your profile, so are you^^)
I also speak English more or less fluently^^

If nobody else can do it, I can try to do an Italian translation, when it is about time, as this is my third language (but I am not completely fluent)

Also, I am a hobby-programmer and I am interested in contributing... as far as I saw, your game currently... doesn't really do anything, right? Where can I best pick up tasks and contribute?
Is this project still alive, anyways?

Thanks in advance for a reply and the game!
userrr3
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Yes it's definitely still alive. We are not pushing forward rapidly, but we are the slow and steady group that doesn't burn out a few months into a project.

Trilarion is the guy who knows what we need, but I think he was going on vacation at some point (might be now).

Welcome!
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Hi userr3,

thank you for offering to contribute. It's true the game doesn't do anything. The project is alive and will in the next days introduce a new way of organizing acitivy, so called Sprints. This will also simplify tasks. So far, depending on your skills you could have a look at the graphics section or at the programming section. Programming wise I will sent you a PM. In the meantime I advice to have a look at Content Design and comment on everything you find interesting.

And my vacation is not before end of july. I wish it would be already now since it is so hot here right now.
userrr3

Post by userrr3 »

Trilarion wrote:Hi userr3,

thank you for offering to contribute. It's true the game doesn't do anything. The project is alive and will in the next days introduce a new way of organizing acitivy, so called Sprints. This will also simplify tasks. So far, depending on your skills you could have a look at the graphics section or at the programming section. Programming wise I will sent you a PM. In the meantime I advice to have a look at Content Design and comment on everything you find interesting.

And my vacation is not before end of july. I wish it would be already now since it is so hot here right now.
Alright, I definitely will do so!
And it is damn hot here in Western Austria too...

However, I did not receive a PM yet and it seems, I cannot send one myself :lol:
Earymgn

Post by Earymgn »

I guess my girlfriend can translate it into russian, maybe spain. I have a friend in italy too. Ukrain could be translated too I guess.
Last edited by Earymgn on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avearivald

Post by avearivald »

I'm native Polish speaker and I think there wouldn't be any problem with translation from English for me ;)