UI Feedback

Discussion and contribution to game graphics and user interface.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Veneteaou

Re: UI Feedback

Post by Veneteaou »

I'm really starting to dig it. At the same time, I feel like the color black in the text and framing is clashing with the soft tones of the wood and background, which is also clashing with the gray of the buttons. Perhaps shift all of the black colors to gold, and giving us a color scheme like this?
Creator

Post by Creator »

easier done then said. :mrgreen:

Be done in no time
Creator

Post by Creator »

Draft 9 is up.

Personally I think it is far to bright and happy but maybe that is because I am a depressing guy. :twisted:

In any case prepared to be en"light"end :lol:

On the upper hand I have found out some even cooler tools in photoshop which will make my job easier in the future
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

I like the gold for the border and decorative corners to the boxes, but I agree it looks pretty bad on the text.

If it's not too much trouble, could you move the "Scenario" text down into the scenario box, and just get rid of the "Map" and "Information" texts? I'm thinking the gold text might look better on the solid wood, and we don't necessarily need the other descriptions as people will be selecting scenarios and then seeing maps and information pop up.
Creator

Post by Creator »

I like the gold for the border and decorative corners to the boxes, but I agree it looks pretty bad on the text.
Veneteaou wrote:If it's not too much trouble, could you move the "Scenario" text down into the scenario box, and just get rid of the "Map" and "Information" texts? I'm thinking the gold text might look better on the solid wood, and we don't necessarily need the other descriptions as people will be selecting scenarios and then seeing maps and information pop up.
Yep too much trouble..... too bad guess we are not gonna change it......

Of course it is no trouble ;)
Creator

Post by Creator »

uploaded draft 10 and 11

draft 10 is just following advice from ven

draft 11 adds a bit more of a feel to the borders and text

I feel the buttons are now out of place. I will have to re do them to fit in with the gold feel.

I was thinking of going back to wooden buttons but with a gold border
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Yeah the buttons are definitely out of place. You might also try moving the Scenario text down a bit, and drawing a horizontal gold line across the box right at or near the bottoms of the top corner's decorative things. It will also feel more sleek if you make the area the Start and Back buttons sit in shorter vertically.
Creator

Post by Creator »

Veneteaou wrote:Yeah the buttons are definitely out of place. You might also try moving the Scenario text down a bit, and drawing a horizontal gold line across the box right at or near the bottoms of the top corner's decorative things. It will also feel more sleek if you make the area the Start and Back buttons sit in shorter vertically.
Yea I was thinking about drawing a line but am afraid to do it to the information box as it would cover up half the box in essentially nothing. I will redo the buttons and get back to you
Creator

Post by Creator »

okay draft 12 up with a bunch of different buttons. I am still designing some more metal buttons which will carry on the original idea of metal with screw heads

sorry ven but I forgot about shortening the button area. It will be there in the next draft
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Just some quick comments:
- the gold of draft9 and draft10 feels too bright for me (too) but draft11 seems to get it right
- the different buttons in draft12 aren't so bad, I find column 2, row 1-4 okay