Shoreline

Discussion and contribution to game graphics and user interface.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Veneteaou

Shoreline

Post by Veneteaou »

Yet another screwball thrown our way. The shoreline tiles are functioning differently from how the rest of the terrain acts. I ask again for someone to sit down and cut & paste bits of tile together to recreate what was going on in Imp1, because I'm entirely stumped. There are instances where it appears that they are still functioning as a tile made up of 6 triangles (like the rest of the terrain), but there is also some severe clipping going on that I can't figure out.

I will keep looking at it, but am wondering if it isn't just better to have our shoreline on the same overlay system that continuous terrain is.
aaahnoor

Re: Shoreline

Post by aaahnoor »

I'm entirely stumped. There are instances where it appears that they are still functioning as a tile made up of 6 triangles (like the rest of the terrain), but there is also some severe clipping going on that I can't figure out.
Trilarion
Founder

Re: Shoreline

Post by Trilarion »

aaahnoor wrote:I'm entirely stumped. There are instances where it appears that they are still functioning as a tile made up of 6 triangles (like the rest of the terrain), but there is also some severe clipping going on that I can't figure out.
Hi,

What do you mean by that? Could you show (upload) some images and tell what you mean exactly? I guess first the water, then the land, then the shores are drawn?