Towards a first complete working image set

Discussion and contribution to game graphics and user interface.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Creator

Re: Towards a first complete working image set

Post by Creator »

strange, I will looki into it.

I will attempt to create a new project file and we will see what happens

EDIT: k done, did a new projet and .tiff file from a different and new file
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Thanks but doesn't work. But could you try one more thing? in CS6 Preferences/File Handling/Maximize Compatibility and set to Always/Ask in case it was not one of these. In that case also save it again. And can you save in PSB format also? Maybe that works. Otherwise I just have to obtain a copy of CS6 somehow.
Creator

Post by Creator »

maximum compatibility is already on and always comes up when I am saving sorry.

I will save it as PSB
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I contacted Adobe and they confirmed my suspicion that the formats of CSX are incompatible. That's bad because it means that basically only people with Adobe CS6 can edit the recent files. I really don't want to limit the freedom of someone to use the software he/she likes most, but with open source projects compatibility is even more important than usually because of the risk of loosing team members at any time.

One last try: can you save as 'PhotoShop PDF'? It seems to be the only other vector/layer based format to save in Photoshop.
Creator

Post by Creator »

no problem.

I hope this works, seems weird though that all my other .psd files work but this one doesn't

EDIT: I have done it but doubt it will work, It said that "Photoshop PDF" is not compatible with older versions of Photoshop because older version open it as a generic pdf. Might as well as give it a try
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Pure fun here. :) The logo PDF opens just fine with all the layers, but the one file that constantly crashes still crashes even as "Photoshop PDF". Something is just wrong, whatever it is... Doesn't matter for now. I will come back at it another time.
Creator

Post by Creator »

my last resort would be to get rid of all the layers not in use as I keep all the old layers I used just in case. then save it again as a .psd and see if it works