Towards a first complete working image set

Discussion and contribution to game graphics and user interface.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Creator

Re: Towards a first complete working image set

Post by Creator »

Hi all.

An update on the logo. I have created several different variations of the logo and have the corresponding sraft .png files along with the main .psd file inside "Dropbox\remake\graphics\Creator\Logo" Have a look and feel free to post ideas, comments ETC
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I like the train, the european map and the banner with the title more than the earth with the sword.

The problem with Draft_5 (the crown) is that the crown is too far away, the problem with Draft 4 is that the writing is too small. I put a sketch in the folder with lowered crown and title centered and in big letters.
Creator

Post by Creator »

yes I didn't like my world and sword either. I am hoping to keep the logo simple so that we can use it even when its smaller.

Okay I like the name over the top. Just a thought but how about getting rid of the title from the logo altogether? The logo itself represents stands for the game so having the title is a little bit repetitive. I don't know just a thought anyway I wil get to work on a new draft with the suggestions you made

thanks

EDIT: Also the .psd file in that folder now is up-to-date. IE it has all the layers from all the drafts (sorted into folders). If you want to muck around with it or whatever
Creator

Post by Creator »

UPDATE: I have two new logos in the folder. please note that I am trying some different ideas with the logo
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

The flags are nice. I added a version where the flag and the europe map and the crown and the train and the banner is visible. If the flags could cover less of the map and be more at the left and right side it would be even better I guess.
Creator

Post by Creator »

alright. no problem. I will work on those suggestions and get back to you

EDIT: okay two more new ones. One based on the one you made and the other with different flags. The crown has been changed in both
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I tried to adjust to the sizes of the flags in the last version (made them smaller) but it didn't really look that good. However my impression is the flags should be a bit smaller and the train should be more visible against the europe-map/flags background. Otherwise I would say we are getting at the desired logo now. Draft9 is definitely something I would use. :)
Creator

Post by Creator »

awesome good to hear. Once more I will work on those and get back to you
Creator

Post by Creator »

okay New draft in there. Basically I just resized the train and made it bigger and also brought sown the size of the flags a little.

Do you think the flags are still to big or in the way a little?
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

For me it feels right now. 8-) I uploaded a version here, so people without access to our dropbox or who are too lazy can comment on them.
Logo_Draft_10.png
Logo_Draft_10.png (42.92 KiB) Viewed 12046 times