Towards a first complete working image set

Discussion and contribution to game graphics and user interface.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Creator

Re: Towards a first complete working image set

Post by Creator »

So thats a yes for both? Awesome!

EDIT:
So I thought I would fiddle around with some UI ideas. I did not have size numbers so I jsut simply started the game and print screened and used that for my size. Anyway this is an idea for the Scenario UI and a general look for the UI. The picture in the background can be changed to match the different UI screens. I am also unsure about the Font type used, I have the .psd file if anyone wants to mess around with it. I will chuck it in the creator folder in the dropbox.

Give honest feedback as it is just an idea. What do you like about it the most? what do you hate about it the most?

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/827/scenario.png

EDIT2:
Tri
top left logo I did some resizing, if you are intrested. if not don't worry about it
New - Old
ImageImage
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

First off, I'm going to say that I really was hoping we could pull off the wood UI from Imp1. That said:
Give honest feedback as it is just an idea. What do you like about it the most? what do you hate about it the most?
I like the background. I just feel that the designs in the corners of the white boxes contrast with the background, by being too sharp and solid black.
Creator

Post by Creator »

[Delete]

(Opened a new UI topic)
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Creator wrote:Hey all

I am very close to finishing the buttons, just got the map button to do. I have tested on the image to see how they would look and I am quite pleased with the results. I just have a couple of questions before I finish up. ...
Ven's absolutely right and it's not a problem. We are absolutely flexible there. Always say what your artistic vision is, i.e. what effect you would like to have and I tell you if it is possible with reasonable effort. (animated 3D for example would be difficult next to impossible for now) In this case this is no problem at all.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Creator wrote:...Tri
top left logo I did some resizing, if you are intrested.
thanks. now the logo is visible on all websites of the project.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Creator, I cannot rebrand the start screen, because the file is not a photoshop file but only png without layers. Can you also store a photoshopfile of
\Dropbox\remake\graphics\Creator\Main Menu\backgrounddraft4.png ??

Many thanks.
Creator

Post by Creator »

yes I think.

When I started making pictures I did not keep a lot of copies of the start screen files but I think I might have the .psd version

EDIT: okay it is up, I do not think it looks like the current version that we are using but all the layers are there
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Strange effect here. My PhotoShop CS3 stops working when opening the file. Could you try to save it with compatibility mode for an earlier version?
Creator

Post by Creator »

ah, theres your problem.

I have CS6 installed. I will make a compaitabilty version and re save it there

EDIT: okay saved as a .tiff. you should be able to open it and have virtually no loss of quality/data
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Even more strange my CS3 still crashes even with the tiff file. However with other photoshop files from you or other graphics everything works fine. Maybe if you could make a new project file and then copy everything over. Or you tell me a recipe how to achieve the start screen and I do it with my version which should work and then we know it should work on both. It bothers me that I cannot also work on the start screen but I also do not have access to a CS6 suite here easily.