Terrain Tiles

Discussion and contribution to game graphics and user interface.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Hi Ven,

did I already mention that there are still some resources like coal, oil, ore and some resources/terrains like scrub forest and sheep to be done? It would be great if we had some more graphics before the next release.
Veneteaou

Re: Terrain Tiles

Post by Veneteaou »

Yes I'm aware I still have a few to go before I can move on to continuous tiles. I've been working on a mountain tile that has continued to be troublesome, but after that I'm hoping to resume releasing tiles every day or two.
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

I have a mountain tile: Boom

I'm not pleased with it, but I am finished with it for now. I will be running it past a watercolor artist I know and updating it in the future possibly. For now, I'm moving on to the rest of the tiles. I want to be done with the terrain and resource tiles by March 1, so I can begin on continuous terrain and possibly some other artwork.

Ven
Trilarion
Founder

In action

Post by Trilarion »

As a small reward here your new tile in action. :) Also featuring national borders, never shown before.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (43.45 KiB) Viewed 10489 times
Creator

Post by Creator »

OH NO!!! the awesome mountain tile has been changed..... I guess this will do..... :D

Awesome new tile.

Just out of curiosty will there be 3 different city tiles?

1. Capital
2. Pre-indutrial city
3. Post-Industrial city
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Creator wrote:...
Just out of curiosty will there be 3 different city tiles?

1. Capital
2. Pre-indutrial city
3. Post-Industrial city
Yes, there will be, although it isn't yet. And we could have even customized looks for eastern, northern, western european or other cultural circles. Or nationwise.
Veneteaou

Re: In action

Post by Veneteaou »

Trilarion wrote:As a small reward here your new tile in action. :) Also featuring national borders, never shown before.
Clipboard01.jpg

Wow, mountains look much much better in the mix than I thought they would. And I REALLLY need to correct all the brown around the hills, to break up some of the obvious tiling going on.

EDIT:
Aaaaand Fixed those hills. Notice now there is no longer an awful brown square that the hills sit in, and that the lines are sharper. I'm going to go back and sharpen up the cotton fields as well after I get the last of the still-needed tiles done.
Trapets

Post by Trapets »

Imho mountain tile is in this set greatest one!
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Fertile Hills finished.

Unless I'm mistaken, that leaves me only Scrub Forest, Horse Ranch, Coal, Iron, Gems, Oil, and Gold to wrap up.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Veneteaou wrote:...

Unless I'm mistaken, that leaves me only Scrub Forest, Horse Ranch, Coal, Iron, Gems, Oil, and Gold to wrap up.
Yes, confirmed. That is outstanding.

The sheeps on the fertile hills look a bit small on the current tile size (80x80), like small white clouds. In principle this is okay, but it might be better to recognize them more easily. Can we make them a bit larger?