Minor issues / discussions

Discussion on game mechanics, balancing etc.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Trilarion
Founder

Re: Small questions

Post by Trilarion »

I really hope so but I am very unsure about graphics quality. With programming I'm confident that it will work out in the end because that's my area of expertise.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Just thinking about the exploration part. Was there a fog of war in the original imperialism, i.e. was there something going on (infrastructure improvement, troop movement, ...) that you could only see if you had a presence in a nearby province or sea zone?

And how should we make it here?

My current estimate of how it was and how it should be is that infrastructure is completely visible to everyone and troops are only visible to neighboring provinces/sea zones.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Trilarion wrote:Just thinking about the exploration part. Was there a fog of war in the original imperialism, i.e. was there something going on (infrastructure improvement, troop movement, ...) that you could only see if you had a presence in a nearby province or sea zone?

And how should we make it here?

My current estimate of how it was and how it should be is that infrastructure is completely visible to everyone and troops are only visible to neighboring provinces/sea zones.
There was no fog of war in Imp1, and IIRC infrastructure was visible to everyone, and troops were described with better or worse accuracy depending on whether you had forces neighboring the province and whether you had a general among them.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Thanks for the answer. I think I will go with this, just need to figure out the details, how much you should see.

Btw. if somebody is curious about the current status. I am slowly but somewhat steadily ironing out the game definition providing it with details which are needed for the implementation (otherwise you don't know what to programm) and which weren't existing before. Just have a look at the attached PDF file. As always I'm open to any comment or suggestion of any kind.

I think I've come along quite well in industry and economics mostly trade, somewhat less good in research and military and what's mostly missing are details in diplomacy and (automatic) combat.
Attachments
ImperialismRemake_Definition_Preview.pdf
Preview version of the Remake Game definition
(210.75 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

I will give this a look Tril in a week or two.