Issues with 0.2.x

Help with installation and running.
Trilarion
Founder

Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Trilarion »

This thread is for issues. I know the game is far from playable. This however is not a support issue. :)
Trilarion
Founder

Re: Issues with 0.2.x

Post by Trilarion »

Windows contains the Qt runtime and an installer. Also from download statistics we know that ~80% of the downloads are on Windows computer. However for the remaining 20% (mostly Mac OS and Linux I guess) I have no clue how well it will work. Basically you have to install Python 3 and PySide on your own, then run start.py with Python 3. If you encounter some odd behavior (and maybe are also able to fix it), please post it here.

Post by Guest »

Hi

I've been watching this project for quite some time, and now I just wanted to give it a try and see if I can get it to run. Turns out I can't.
Python complains about "import lib.utils as u" on line 19 in source/base/constants.py.
Since lib.utils doesn't sound like the name of a stdlib module or any generic library, I assume there should be a "utlis.py" in source/lib.
I'm pretty much completely new to Python(especially its module system), but the only explanation I could think of, is that perhaps you have such a file in your local working directory, which you somehow missed to commit.
Is that possible? If not, are there any dependencies besides PySide and PyYAML, or am I just doing anything wrong?
Btw in case it's important, I use 64 bit Ubuntu 14.04 with Python 3.4.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Hi,

First, thank you for your interest. Indeed lib.utils is a python file in a module that belongs to this remake. I programmed it myself. And I just checked and it is not existing in the GitHub repository. My fault, I will add it immediately tonight.

Meanwhile in the release 0.2.1 download (http://sourceforge.net/projects/imprema ... p/download) it is included.

Many thanks for reporting this.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

It is now fixed. Thank you.

For running the only dependencies are PySide and PyYaml.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

it properly starts now. Thanks.