Discussion about the original...

Anything related or not related to the project.
Haxaco

Re: Discussion about the original...

Post by Haxaco »

I guess you could go by the chapter titles in the official specification?

- Settings (victory conditions, nations, terrain, etc.)
- Diplomacy
- Research
- Economy
- Industry / infrastructure
- Military
- AI

I'd personally rather go with subfora (such as Music and Graphics that already exist here). Just to keep things clear. Information tends to get lost in centralized megathreads. IMHO it's better to keep discussion focused and as much specific as possible.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I absolutely agree and will now open threads for it. With subfora I would wait until the number of threads increase. Having subfora with only 1 or 2 threads also doesn't look nice.
Earymgn

Post by Earymgn »

As I just read that there are several ideas which are good some of the others I do dislike. I think that nobody will get the game he wants 100%, i would prefer a options menu where you can choose which setting he like. Lets say random events or chance oft revolts for example. Would be a nice thing to have a oportunity if i want it vor not. I know its still a long way but i think it is important to talk about this as it could be helpfull afterwards.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Yes, we can make many things optional. And I will work on making them optional for sure. But you cannot make everything optional. How does trade work for example? In the original minor nations would just buy any amount of high-grade goods while you could/had to accept every single trade each time. I found this always a weak feature and wanted to implement it different. How many different ways of trading can I implement so that everyone is happy? I know that I don't want to spent too much of my free time implementing features I don't want, but if someone else spends his time for it, I have nothing against it.