Introduce yourself

Anything related or not related to the project.
Trilarion
Founder

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Trilarion »

Hi Andrettin,

thanks for your interest. I hope I can soon devote as much time for the project as I used to spent some months ago. Every input is welcome. :)
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Trilarion wrote:Hi Andrettin,

thanks for your interest. I hope I can soon devote as much time for the project as I used to spent some months ago. Every input is welcome. :)
Is there any particular programming task in which contributions are needed? Perhaps I could be of help in that.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Hi Andrettin, thanks for asking and sorry for the delay in the answer. Currently there isn't a particular programming job but this will change in a few weeks. The reason is that I need to plan the mechanics carefully in the coming days (probably weeks). There would maybe some rather independent tasks be available but even for them I would have to think a bit longer. If you want to do anything I'll think about what is needed. Otherwise it might be better currently to wait a bit more.
Taloyx

Post by Taloyx »

Hello everybody,

i'm Taloxy and i'm a Imperialism-Fan from the first hour on. Still today i have this game installed on my harddrive and playing in multiplayer with my mate. I live in western-Germany.

In this way, i am very interested in the Imperialism-Remake Projekt.

I don't have any programming skills, but perhaps i can help out at some other points?

Cheers!
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Hello Taloyx!

I'm Ven AKA Eric, and I'm an artist and general menial laborer for the project, although I've stepped back from some responsibilities lately. Most of us are on hiatus for the holidays, but generally we fall back in by mid January.

If you are interested in helping, we are open to anything you can provide. We could use more artists, someone who can work with cursor design software to build us cursors, or people proficient in GIMP/PS that can fake it. We need documentation writers. We always need people voicing their ideas and opinions in the threads located in the Content Design forum. Sound effects are low-priority, but we'd gladly let someone take the lead on those if they wanted. We don't have any videos. It would be nice if we had a dedicated web content creator and site manager.

We do plan to get these things done, but with a small team it's slow going. Art and programming have priority, which is where Trilarion and myself spend most of our project time. The best thing you can do for us is to read over all of the forums and provide input and feedback wherever you feel like it.

Welcome to our fun little project.

Ven
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Hi Taloyx,

I knew that Germany and the US accomodates a large number of traditional style turn based strategy game fans. Nice to know that you still play the original game. Your input will be invaluable.

Without programming skills there are still many opportunities for helping:
- commenting on everything you see here
- giving ideas as input
- testing versions
and later:
- writing documentations, helping other players, promoting the project, more testing and more discussions

Unfortunately currently the project is a bit slow. But that might change in the next weeks.
Taloyx

Post by Taloyx »

Thanks for the welcome - and a happy new year :D

I will take a look in this board around and try to help more later on.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Thanks for staying around. Please be a bit patient. Currently it's all a bit slow but that will change.
Nostradamus

Post by Nostradamus »

Hi! I loved this game, as many others. Maybe you could do some crowdfunding, to support your efforts? e.g with Startnext or kickstarter
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Nostradamus wrote:Hi! I loved this game, as many others. Maybe you could do some crowdfunding, to support your efforts? e.g with Startnext or kickstarter
It would definitely help to have some additional funding. Not for paying programmers or designers in large - I guess fans wouldn't raise that much money but for smaller expenses. We would have to think a bit more carefully what we really needed and what we can ask for. And so far there isn't much to show which would give a bad feeling starting a crowdfunding without something to show.

So, yes, I'd love to do some crowdfunding but not for the moment. It would be a plan for maybe within a year.