Promoting the project

Anything related or not related to the project.
visitor

Re: Promoting the project

Post by visitor »

Flashcard learning app?

You are hijacking your own forum?
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

:D I'm bored and I can do it because it's my forum as you said. .. And I want persuade google to rethink the popularity of this little, wonderful app.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Just in case somebody is interested to know which and how many steps there are to do for a release even of such a simple software, here is the list:
  1. Update version number in internal preferences and in the manual.
  2. Run the programm briefly and quickly check basic functionality.
  3. Make screenshots of new and interesting views of the game.
  4. Run packaging scripts (update version number there too).
  5. Run setup creator which produces an executable installer from the package.
  6. Archive screenshots and packages and installer locally.
  7. Upload installer and sources to a download center (sourceforge in our case).
  8. Manage wordpress powered blog site and adjust links and version number on download page and on frontpage.
  9. Upload screenshots to blog.
  10. Write news post and link to screenshots.
  11. Write announcement in the community forum.
  12. Copy current state of the develop branch of the Git repository to master and tag it as release.
  13. Review the task list and set completed task to complete and create new tasks if appropriate
Believe it or not but this takes about two hours. It's project management. And after you finish it you haven't written a single line of code.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Btw. we have about 150 downloads per months on average (but quite constantly) for the last 12 months. And this is for a demonstration not a real playable game. Also there are about 40 unique visitors of the blog page every day, also quite constant for the last 6 months (no record before). So I guess this are quite good numbers. The conversion to active members of the community is quite low but this is how it is. Nevertheless the traffic and download numbers motivate me to put more work into it.
Willem

Post by Willem »

Trilarion wrote:Btw. we have about 150 downloads per months on average (but quite constantly) for the last 12 months. And this is for a demonstration not a real playable game. Also there are about 40 unique visitors of the blog page every day, also quite constant for the last 6 months (no record before). So I guess this are quite good numbers. The conversion to active members of the community is quite low but this is how it is. Nevertheless the traffic and download numbers motivate me to put more work into it.
I assume that I'm one of those silent guys watching you all being busy doing wonderful work .... 8-)
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Willem wrote:...I assume that I'm one of those silent guys watching you all being busy doing wonderful work .... 8-)
Thanks for the life sign then. 8-) Please continue to be a watching guy and I promise to continue working on the project. The conversion of visitors to active contributors is a hard task but I'll never complain, even just showing general interest in the project motivates me.