Naming - The vote

Anything related or not related to the project.

What shall the name be?

Poll ended at Sun May 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Age of Imperialism
27%
Empires of Blood and Steam
9%
Foundry of Nations
9%
Guns, Pacts and Steel
No votes
Imperia Domini: Road to an Empire
9%
New Imperialism
18%
Open Imperialism
18%
The Way to Power
No votes
Wealth of Nations
9%

Total votes: 11

Trilarion
Founder

Naming - The vote

Post by Trilarion »

Thank you all for still being there. Now we are really close to choosing a name. The idea is simple. There are 9 candidates. Everyone has two votes that you can put on different names. If within two weeks no name has a 50% of the votes majority, then a second run-off vote of the two best options might be needed if we feel that's neccessary.
Trilarion
Founder

Re:

Post by Trilarion »

Having votes distributed almost equally is not optimal for decision making. :)
Creator

Re: Naming - The vote

Post by Creator »

buts its equal :lol:
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Well we can do several things:

1 - We can have a tiebreaker vote and see if it helps.
2 - We can open the floor and let people discuss which of those two names they think is better and way, in an attempt to convince others to vote one over the other.
3 - We push the contest on more forums and sites, and see if we can't get a better turnout.
4 - You (Trilarion), as leader of the project, can just pick one and tell the rest of us to suck it.
5 - I could just pick one, in which case WELCOME TO THE NEW IMPERIALISM PARTY!!!!!

But seriously, the first three options are all good. The fourth one is okay. The fifth one really isn't.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

They are all (most) better ones, but I have the feeling they aren't really equal. Some of them must be better. That there isn't a clear winner might be just because of the low number of votes and statistics. For me this would mean that we still have no real name but must wait more. We could choose a working title though.
Creator

Post by Creator »

I actually like age of imperialism but didn't vote for it as I somehow did not see it. :oops:
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Well - I am really sorry, but I would say that the statistical uncertainty is too large for the combination of few votes and widespread. The time for the poll is over and I want to officially announce that there is no official name yet. The naming process is postponed.

In the meantime I propose to go with the highest voted option, that is "Age of Imperialism". However this is not final, but just temporary. I will nevertheless rebrand the current versions and the website a bit.

I will not decide the name. I feel this should be a community decision. I would be happy with each name in the final round. I want to have the name which a statistically significant majority of the people in the team prefer.
Creator

Post by Creator »

Sounds good to me