We need a NAME for the project!

Anything related or not related to the project.
Trilarion
Founder

We need a NAME for the project!

Post by Trilarion »

Ah yes, imperialism remake is actually the working title. The game is supposed to be fully within the spirit of the old Imperialism but will also contain many new concepts. The remake is only a place holder, we need our own title, but I could not come up with a good one.

So I give this in the hands of the community. Please post your ideas here? A decision will be made somewhere in the future, possibly by poll.

My ideas so far:
  • Power and Victory - an Imperialism remake
  • Free Imperialism (sounds funny)
  • open imperialism remake
  • Age of Imperialism
  • Imperial Wars
  • Domintion
  • By All Means - a free imperialism remake
Trilarion
Founder

Re: We need a NAME for the project!

Post by Trilarion »

So until we have a better name I suggest the official name will be "Imperialism remake" but in colloquial it will probably be the Imp-Remake. Nevertheless I would like to have something like a unique subtitle, but we have plenty of time for that.
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

We need to be careful not to take the name of an existing video or board game - a ton of those cropped up when we tried to name one of the earlier projects on the Imperialist forums. Since however they settled on a name, I'm going to offer we steal one of the other ones from their list:

- Imperial Dominion
- World Imperialism
- Imperialistic Empires
- SIMperialism
- Emigrants and Empire: The Challenges of Exploration, Colonization and Imperialism
- Treasure by Foreign Trade
- The Wealth of Nations
- Mercantilism
- Divide et Impera
- Impera
- Last Empire
- Art of Conquest: Industrial Revolution

I left some of the more awful ones off the list. I'm not really picky on the exact name, but I do feel we should use the word "Imperialism" in the name. Basically, we want to make sure that anyone who ever searches for a game called Imperialism on the internet finds us first. Maybe something like "Empires and Imperialism" or something.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I thought about having a title and a subtitle. And at least one of them would be "Imperialism remake" to make sure people see us as a successor of the original Imp (in the spirit of ...). We want to recreate the feeling of the first Imp but improve in certain areas.

But then we don't need Imperialism in the other part. Example would be.
Imperialism remake
The Art of Conquest by Industrial Revolution
or
Rise of Empires
An Imperialism remake
But it's good to have even more examples. The only sad thing: we cannot call it just Imperialism.
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

You know, we could call it the Third Age of Imperialism, which would be somewhat historically accurate in terms colonialism, mercantilism, and imperialism being three different forms of exploitation of minor nations.
Trapets

Post by Trapets »

Art of Conquest: Industrial Revolution
Third Age of Imperialism
Power and Victory

..sounds very good.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Thanks for the feedback Trapets and welcome to the forum. Feel free to comment on everything you see. :)
Trilarion
Founder

My proposal for getting a name

Post by Trilarion »

I still think the projects needs a proper name (more than just "Remake") and so far I don't think we have a clear beats-all-the-others name.

For a good name I would like to have some more people giving their proposals. Therefore we should do the following:
  • We wait a bit more, lets say until the next release or even until the next two releases.
  • Then everybody who wants can make up to two proposals for the name of the project.
  • Then a public vote is conducted on the name, everybody has three votes.
  • Then a second public vote between the two best options from the first vote is conducted.
  • The winner name is the project's name until somebody makes a better proposal which is democratically accepted.
So unless there comes a instant-perfect-choice name, we just wait a bit more...
ForFunAndProfit

Post by ForFunAndProfit »

I thought up this one whilst I was showering:

"The Great Game." :lol:
Creator

Post by Creator »

I know that this game will most likely have maps based outside of europe BUT

"Concert of Europe": the balance of power that existed in Europe from the end of the Napoleonic Wars (1815) to the outbreak of World War I (1914)

Other names for the Concert of Europe Time Period.

"Age of Metternich": due to the influence of the Austrian chancellor's conservatism and the dominance of Austria within the German Confederation

"European Restoration": because of the reactionary efforts of the Congress of Vienna to restore Europe to its state before the French Revolution.