Naming - Part two

Anything related or not related to the project.
Willem

Re: Naming - Part two

Post by Willem »

To be honest, Open Imperialism makes a lot of sense to me (with OpenTTD and FreeCiv in mind).

A subtitle maybe? For Blood and Iron of course
No point for guessing where that comes from ^^
Solon

Post by Solon »

In honor of the core character on the world stage during this period, the "Iron Chancellor"...call it:

Chancellor's Edition

The Chancellor Edition
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

I suggest naming it "Blood and Iron", after Bismarck's famous speech. It would fit rather well with the game's era and theme.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I can imagine "Blood and iron" very well as a subtitle. You guys can search through the old discussion and will find many similar proposals. But don't forget. It wasn't all war at this time. Diplomacy for example was important too.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Trilarion wrote:I can imagine "Blood and iron" very well as a subtitle. You guys can search through the old discussion and will find many similar proposals. But don't forget. It wasn't all war at this time. Diplomacy for example was important too.
True, but Bismarck, who uttered this quote, was a diplomat first and foremost, and the "Iron" can stand for industrialization, too.

In any case, another idea would be "FreeImp", following the naming scheme of open source games such as "FreeCiv" and "FreeCol".
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

FreeImp has the problem that Imp also stands for tiny men and could make wrong associations. It's not clear or catchy enough. We already had a lot of good proposals. Did you see them?
visitor

Post by visitor »

Imperial Glory

Just my humble suggestion.

Optional subtitle: Death of the Nations :lol:
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Thanks, problem might be that there is a commercial strategy video game with the same title from 2005 from Eidos. At some point in the future, when the naming becomes more important we have to select a pool of possible names and check them for legal problems. Also it is always better to have a unique name, so people remember you not the other game.
Willem

Post by Willem »

Owkay, my final votes goes to....

"Pacts of Steel"
"Guns, Pacts and Steel"
"Empires of Blood and Steam"
Earymgn

Post by Earymgn »

I would prefere a Name with "Imperialism" in it as a tribute to our beloved game.
I vote for new imperialism, age of Imperialism or mix of both: new age of imperialism.
Something with blood or iron and so on sounds childish and leads to a wrong interpretation.