Version 0.1.2

Anything related or not related to the project.
Creator

Version 0.1.2

Post by Creator »

aha!

I new version out. I have downloaded and tried it out to see how it is going. All I can say is FANTASTIC!

The music made by Ven works soooo perfectly with the startup interfaces and the main map.

I can see the political map to the right is working and looks great as well as the new tiles and the rivers which are looking nice.

Only one problem I noticed is with the minimap. When you change to the political view the sea is black and so is the viewing square. Thus it is very hard to see what you are viewing in political mode. possibly just change the square to white? or change the sea to white.

Other than that great work!
Veneteaou

Re: Version 0.1.2

Post by Veneteaou »

I have to say, this is the first version I've installed in a few months. I've worked on these projects for years, and not once been half as far along as we are now. I am almost ready to cry at how awesome this is turning out to be.

I'm glad to be working with all of you.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Thanks Ven for the compliment! I can return it. I very much appreciate our team work. If we continue working together I am absolutely sure we can achieve something great!

However it's still a long way to go. Making a strategy game with volunteers is like running a marathon. I am a bit worried we might not keep the pace at some point and it dies.

With the minimap. The sea is black because I didn't know where to define the color of the sea (in the general settings or in the scenario settings). However that can be changed really quickly. Also note that currently there is no effect indicating which button/view of the minimap is active. Or instead of drawing small squares you have nicer borders, etc. ... This are all details that can be sorted out whenever there is some free time.

I will now concentrate on crucial parts, that is getting the network code and player registration, starting a game, making turns, ... to work.
Trilarion
Founder

Issues with 0.1.2

Post by Trilarion »

Everybody please report any issues you have either here or in the support section. Please also report any improvements you would like to have made. Do not hesitate, just write it. :D
Haxaco

Post by Haxaco »

I tried to mute the music (I love it, but wanted to test it ;) ), but it just keeps on playing (or hasn't this option been implemented yet?).
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Haxaco wrote:I tried to mute the music (I love it, but wanted to test it ;) ), but it just keeps on playing (or hasn't this option been implemented yet?).
You catched me. :) It's not connected yet. The option is saved and the music can be turned mute, only they don't talk with each other yet. Same thing for example with the scenario title in the editor screen (tab "General") - it's not working yet.

edit: 10 minutes past midnight and it's fixed in the source code repository (setting music to mute in options)