Places to buy the original Imperialism

Anything related or not related to the project.
Trilarion
Founder

Places to buy the original Imperialism

Post by Trilarion »

Fantastic news!!! The original can be bought again from today on and for only six dollars. This is great news since it will increase the interest in this community, I am sure. More people will remember it and they will become interested in a remake. Obviously Ubisoft had the rights all the time at least for the english version.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/imperialism

P.S.: The only thing that would seriously hurt this project would be a commercial remake but I haven't heard of any so far. Introducing the game again into the market however is a wonderful move. Thanks to Ubisoft and GOG.
Veneteaou

Re: Places to buy the original Imperialism

Post by Veneteaou »

Damnit you beat me to it!

Yes, this is great news for both remake projects as well as the community at large. If we want to capitalize, I think we need to get a community site for Imp1 up and running. The Imp_List as you know doesn't want new members, is hard to find, and doesn't have organized information. A decent walkthrough for Imp1 doesn't even exist.

If we set all that up, we could draw quite a bit of traffic.
tallkrogen

Post by tallkrogen »

Tried to find it on Steam... But of course it wasn't there. I'll have to look up!
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Veneteaou wrote:...Yes, this is great news for both remake projects as well as the community at large. If we want to capitalize, I think we need to get a community site for Imp1 up and running. The Imp_List as you know doesn't want new members, is hard to find, and doesn't have organized information. A decent walkthrough for Imp1 doesn't even exist. ...
I think currently the best information source for Imperialism 1 is the wikia-wiki: ,the traditional communities for Imperialism are the DailImperialist and the Imp_List on Yahoo.

I would like to draw attention to our forum, also just as Imperialism gaming forum, but I am really fully occupied with a normal job and coding for the remake and posting around the remake. It's just extremely difficult to find more time... Maybe you all can help there.
Trilarion
Founder

Imperialism II now also available

Post by Trilarion »

Btw, also the second part of the original series is now officially available for purchase again at GOG.com. Again good news unless somebody in the commercial part of the world decides that it's time for a remake... :)
Trilarion
Founder

Gift codes

Post by Trilarion »

I still have three gift codes for the original game and don't exactly know what to do with it. So if someone of you doesn't have it yet (the gog version with the nice installer) and want it, just say it! :)
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

If the multiplayer is more stable than the 1.1 patch was, I'd take it. otherwise, it's probably best to save it for someone who doesn't already have the game.
Xylander

Post by Xylander »

By the way - you can get the game for free. Just read on the "Daily Imperialist" website. They have the game on google drive (free download). The files are expanded (important for Windows 64 Bit - the original installer won't work on 64 Bit Systems).

And Imperialism 2 MP is stable - I've played it a lot with my wife :-)
The game has some serious balancing problems, though ...
Don't repeat yourself. (DRY)
Keep it simple, stupid. (KISS)
You ain't gonna need it. (YAGNI)
http://www.clean-code-developer.de/
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

I severely dislike Imp2. And I have Imp1 on it's original CD, but Imp1 (even with the 1.1 patch) has multiplayer stability issues that make it unplayable. If I could get verification from GOG that they fixed those issues in their release, I would have bought it by now.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Veneteaou wrote:I severely dislike Imp2. And I have Imp1 on it's original CD, but Imp1 (even with the 1.1 patch) has multiplayer stability issues that make it unplayable. If I could get verification from GOG that they fixed those issues in their release, I would have bought it by now.
I can't guarantee it, but I can sent you the code and you can try. The only thing I ask is that you could consider playing a nice game of the original Imperialism and post your experiences and notable impressions in the "Action Reports" section of this forum. It will help us.

Also I guess the free download opportunities are kind of illegal, since Imp1&2 are currently also sold, so I guess the rights holder would never agree. Just to not risk anything I deleted the link. Just google it if you need it for free.