So, what's going on?

Anything related or not related to the project.
Haxaco

So, what's going on?

Post by Haxaco »

Heya, just wondering if progress is being made as things are getting a bit quiet here. If I can help with something (brainstorm/research) or anything at all, let me know! :)
Haxaco

Re: So, what's going on?

Post by Haxaco »

Anyone? :(
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Haxaco wrote:Heya, just wondering if progress is being made as things are getting a bit quiet here. If I can help with something (brainstorm/research) or anything at all, let me know! :)
Haxaco. Thanks alot for all your wonderful input. I am sorry. It's my fault. :oops: Recently I needed a break. It doesn't mean this project is stopped. It will continue in the next days when I find time. Since I didn't do yet a lot of advertising it's really quiet here. This will change.

The reason was that I needed a break. I am known for needing this occasionally. After all it's only a hobby. But I always come back. I was watching some series, reading a book (Java Network Programming, actually useful for this project) and playing computer games in between. My motivation is not always high, but I am always determined to deliver a working product in the end. So I hope that people can cope with me not being here always. Of course this was now a hard time. I hope to make up for it in the next days.
Haxaco

Post by Haxaco »

Hey, good to know you're back. I'll check back here from time to time to see how things are going and see if I can help or not.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Okay, sorry for the delay, but now I am really back. Seriously many thanks to you for waiting so long!
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Btw. here is my plan for the next time:
  • Fixing the design. By this I mean that it should contain more specific concepts and they should interact well with each other. I don't mean that it cannot be changed afterwards.
  • Propose designs of the GUI screens, kind of inventing a control flow of the GUI/client programme with this way.
  • Start programming a scenario editor, mainly the map.
  • Start programming the main programme, showing the map.
  • Start programming the network connection code from server to editor, establishing a control scheme between the two.
  • Advertising the project worldwide.
Of course anybody interested in helping/doing any of these parts, just say it.
Haxaco

Post by Haxaco »

Hi Teil, just a quick check-in to confirm Igot your message. I'll try to catch up readi all the new stuff in the coming days/weeks and see where I can contribute!
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Haxaco wrote:Hi Teil, just a quick check-in to confirm Igot your message. I'll try to catch up readi all the new stuff in the coming days/weeks and see where I can contribute!
Great. Just wanted to make sure that you get the news. :)

Many regards
Tril
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

There is kind of a task board for now. It's a free Workflowy.com page. Just follow this link or click on Task board above.

I didn't wanted to make it editable by everybody in the world. So it's only editable by me for now. A replacement is in progress. Please just post in this thread here which task you would like to take over or take part in or which new task you would like to insert or anything else and until we have a better solution, I will edit the Workflowy then. Feel free to add yourself to any task that is already been worked on or planned by somebody else.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I also put kind of a road map out there on workflowy. road map