So, what's going on?

Anything related or not related to the project.
Veneteaou

Re: So, what's going on?

Post by Veneteaou »

I've needed to blow up some artwork to make sense of it all, and stumbled upon a really nifty program called SmillaEnlarger. It's open source, and has some great functions to it. I got hooked, and decided to blow up some of the Imp1 terrain art and see what it looks like with some of the programs parameters. Check this out:

That is an enhanced version of an Imp1 Mountain tile. Compare to this:

Look similar to anyone else?

Edit: I spaced on posting it, but this is HUGE for my tile work. This means I have much better images to work from when designing mine. Expect to see some real improvements as a result once I wrangle some new software.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Can't see anything??
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Wait, you can't see embedded images there?

Compare this to this.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

This looks good. This programm really adds a nice touch to the original images. It's really good you find these things.
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

If I can figure out how to build new game files for Imp1, it would be trivial to use this to create an enhanced art pack. It would be another great way to gain attention here.
Haxaco

Post by Haxaco »

Looks good Ven! I'm still buried in work and some other stuff... I do hope to be able to contribute again very soon!
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Back from a four-days trip and catching up on the new developments. Next week also not present.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I'm back home after one week of holiday and will be constantly working on the project in the next weeks. I received some feedback that made me smile and which I don't want to keep back:
The game starts, but if i want to select a scenario, there is no info about it... i can start the scenario, but can not change anything in my empire (science and all other tabs dont show any info!)

i run win 7 64bit and installed the Java 7 (update 17, 64bit)
And the answer:
thanks to hear from you. Unfortunately the project is still in a very early stage. You cannot change anything in your empire because it hasn't been programmed yet. With a current version of 0.1.2 there is still a long way to go. The releases are important for us to keep a regular workflow and to show what the game might be about.

I hope you can come back when the project is at a more advanced level. Additionally to the version number we will mark next releases as "demo" to prevent any misunderstanding.
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

That has to be a letdown for them. :D
Xylander

Active members

Post by Xylander »

We have 18 forum members and more than 10 have been online at the same time. That wasn't long ago. Anyway I only see three of us discussing the game. Are there more people interested in contributing ideas or not?

Edit: There are at least Creator (UI topics) and Haxaco (buried in work). Anyone else?
Don't repeat yourself. (DRY)
Keep it simple, stupid. (KISS)
You ain't gonna need it. (YAGNI)
http://www.clean-code-developer.de/