Website changes

News around the development. Release information.
Trilarion
Founder

Website changes

Post by Trilarion »

This thread is for informing about changes in the website as well as making proposals to change something.
Trilarion
Founder

Inline images in posts now with less scroll bars

Post by Trilarion »

If you are still seeing scroll bars for inline images in the forum it might be that you are using a cached version. Please refresh the cache and reload the forum with ctrl+f5 in this case. (the reason is that I increased the maximal vertical size of inlined images to 600px in a css file and browsers might decide to still use the old file)
Trilarion
Founder

Screenshot display on the forum

Post by Trilarion »

I integrated a so called Lightbox (actually greybox 5.53) to the forum in the upper bar. When you click on Screenshots some Javascript miracles will show the current two Screenshots that we have overlayed over the forum. I thought this way guests can see more easily how nice our game is. Now we just have to develop the game further and produce more nice screenshots.
Trilarion
Founder

Re: Website changes

Post by Trilarion »

I changed the project page blog system from flatpress to wordpress because it is more stable and offers more functionality. Also I think it looks a bit better. There will also be minor changes in the header of the forum in the next days.

Feel free to comment on the new look.
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

It looks good.
Trilarion
Founder

Forum style changed

Post by Trilarion »

It took me a whole evening to adapt the style of the forum according to the project page style. I anyway found that the old style was much too green. I therefore took ProGlass - a popular phpbb style and changed step by step colors and sizes and constraints by inspecting the elements of the webpage (right click in FireFox and Inspect Element) and then upload modified css and template files until everything fit. It took many iterations and minor changes could still happen.

The links to source code, etc. are gone because they are present on the project home page quite visibly.

I hope this is more pleasant now and for changes or flaws, just post here.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Currently there is a problem with the icons not changing color when there is a new post. This is kind of annoying. Will look into it.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I looked into it and found that the automatic colorizing of the theme did too much. I copied some button from the unchanged theme back and now you can see if there is a new post much more easily. Also I relaxed permissions for guests - we'll see if spam robots will misuse it.
Willem

Post by Willem »

looks fine by me
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

I updated the forum software to phpbb 3.1.3. Along I activated reCaptcha from google to get better spam protection while leaving Guest posting and registration as easy as possible.

I will work during the next days on a better integration of the "tasks" site with the board.