Structure of the forum

News around the development. Release information.
Trilarion
Founder

Structure of the forum

Post by Trilarion »

We have a General and Development section, but we might need a Players section at some point. Just storing this information here for the moment.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

We have a Players section for a long time now. However if anybody sees need for a change in the forum structure, please post here.
Veneteaou

Re: Structure of the forum

Post by Veneteaou »

Eventually the development side should go private. We can let people in if they ask, but I think it detracts from a game-play forum to have the guts of the project on display as well.
Trilarion
Founder

Re: Structure of the forum

Post by Trilarion »

I think for now it really shouldn't go private. Having a public development forum attracts more people. Also the feedback from players will prove valuable to developers until at least version 1.0. I see us mostly as a developer community and forum.

However there are several options of visually separating player and developer section. For example the player section can become much larger, the developer section maybe folded (subforums not shown by default). Or we could have different sites or other things. Customizing the forum layout is possible (probably to some extent). I would rather choose this way than making development private just to hide it from the display of a player. I will experiment with these options in the next time.