Vorbis Support Library

Discussion of ongoing programming work.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Trilarion
Founder

Vorbis Support Library

Post by Trilarion »

Ogg/Vorbis is an audio format which is free and features high compression ratio. It is now already widely used and supported in Java. I decided to bundle three existing libraries: JOrbis by JCraft, JavaSPI by JavaZoom and TritonusShare and at the same time modernize them. The result is available here (requires Java 7).

This library will also be used in the Imperialism remake project but it is completely independent of it. This thread is for discussion about this specific library.

Another discussion thread is at the java-gaming forum.
odoepner

Re: Vorbis Support Library

Post by odoepner »

Hello,

I was wondering which versions of the 3 libraries you have combined.
And since all three are available from Maven central repositories, I'd like to know if your lib is also in the Maven central repo.

You can see my blog post for some background info about how I used those libraries:
https://odoepner.wordpress.com/2013/07/ ... vorbisspi/

Thanks
Oliver
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Hi odeopner,

I missed your post because it was made as a guest and the forum is not configured to give me a big notification. That is bad, I will try to improve this.

At the moment I do not remember exactly which versions I used. But I will add my combination to maven central.
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

The source is now at github. But I think I will also put in on Maven central as soon as I have found out how to do it.

There you are: on Maven