UI Feedback

Discussion and contribution to game graphics and user interface.
Forum rules
Posted relevant content can be used under GPL or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/) for the project. Thanks!
Trilarion
Founder

Re: UI Feedback

Post by Trilarion »

Creator wrote:...
The wide buttons have been now made 100x35 hope this is okay. I have kept the borders the same width as what they were when they were smaller so no problem there
Okay, we have to see it, I guess. But it sounds good. Waiting for your new material. :)
Creator

Post by Creator »

okay draft 15 finally up. The new buttons sizes are there and I am rather happy with the amount of space I can use on them now.

The new button sizes are as follows:
100x35
50x75
50x50

Hope this is okay
Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

For me it looks good. :)
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Outstanding, although the font is a little hard for me to read.
Creator

Post by Creator »

Veneteaou wrote:Outstanding, although the font is a little hard for me to read.
:o

So close and yet so far.

Alright then I will work on making the font more visually visable to the eye. If worst comes to worst I can always chuck a border around it
Veneteaou

Post by Veneteaou »

Sorry buddy.
Trilarion
Founder

Fonts

Post by Trilarion »

Please do not experiment too much with the font. After all it has to be internationalized at some point, that means all text will be drawn by the programm and you only provide the font and directions for font size and style. :)

I can now work on skinning a dialog according to the layout in draft15. Maybe Creator, you should focus on something else again and wait with the dialogs until I have finished and you see them in action. I asked for another left window map animation of the start screen (the sun shining through the left window, not opening the window left of the throne) or you can create some buttons (symbols) in the new design for the list I posted.
small
- close dialog

normal
- start scenario
- connect to server
- disconnect from server
- start local server
- new scenario
- load scenario
- save scenario
One more thing: The border of the dialog in draft15, I might change it. But you'll see it and comment on it and if you like something else I'll be absolutely open to it. :)
Creator

Re: Fonts

Post by Creator »

sounds good to me
Creator

Post by Creator »

Okay here you go. I tried to keep the symbols as simple as possible so tell me what you think

Trilarion
Founder

Post by Trilarion »

Hmm, I like that they aren't too colorful but I find them difficult to recognize. I look at them and have difficulties getting to know what each one means. So to make some useful comments out of this:

- The left column has the light-brownish squares, while the right column has the uniform background, I like the right column's background more because the squares in the left are distracting.
- The symbols could be bigger to make them more clear. In order to make them more bigger, the button has to be higher, width is not a problem.
- Please indicate for each button what should be the function of it so we can comment on the goodness of icon describing the function